Permanent, full-time position
As a Bilingual Legal Administrative Assistant with the Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS), you will have the opportunity to leverage your administrative experience and training. The CNPS is a not-for-profit society that offers legal advice, risk management services, legal assistance and professional liability protection to nurses in Canada. Working to deliver products and services designed for the nursing profession is personally and professionally rewarding. With the CNPS, you will enjoy a dynamic work environment, a collegial atmosphere and a rewarding career that provides opportunities for contributions at the leading edge of developments in the delivery of health-care services in Canada.
Interested? Learn more by reading about the position details here below.
Legal Administrative Support
- Open and close legal files, draft confidential letters, memos to file, records of calls, reports, speeches and other documents from electronic and handwritten copies
- Organize and filing paper and electronic information
- Conduct data entry and verification
- Handle, code, and route invoices and related correspondence
- Assist lawyers with research, case status reports
General Administrative Support
- Assist with answering incoming telephone calls and emails, assign incoming requests to CNPS lawyers and other staff, and update periodicals
- Assist with travel arrangements as required
- Perform other administrative and general office duties as required
- Certification in post-secondary law program and 3 to 5 years’ experience in legal administrative support role
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages (written and oral)
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of databases, customer management systems, medical terminology and/or working with health professionals
- Exceptional customer-service and interpersonal skills
- Professional, discreet, self-motivated, collaborative, highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- Able to multi-task and set priorities day-to-day
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pension plan
- Mentoring opportunities
For confidential consideration, please email your cover letter and resume c/o Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CNPS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.