Permanent, full-time position
As a Legal Administrative Assistant with the Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS), you will have the opportunity to leverage your administrative experience and training to support a team of legal experts. The CNPS is a not-for-profit society that offers legal advice, risk management services, legal assistance and professional liability protection to nurses in Canada. With the CNPS, you will enjoy a dynamic work environment, a collegial atmosphere and a rewarding career that provides opportunities for contributions at the leading edge of developments in the delivery of health-care services in Canada.
Location: Ottawa (Hybrid)
Interested? Learn more by reading about the position details here below.
Legal Administrative Support
- Open and close legal files, draft confidential letters, memos to file, records of calls, reports, speeches, and other documents from electronic and handwritten
- Organize and filing paper and electronic information
- Conduct data entry and verification
- Handle, code, and route invoices and related correspondence
- Assist lawyers with research, case status reports
General Administrative Support
- Assist with answering incoming telephone calls and emails, assign incoming requests to CNPS lawyers and other staff, and update periodicals
- Assist with travel arrangements as required
- Perform other administrative and general office duties as required
- Certification in post-secondary law program and at least 2 years experience in legal support role
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of databases, customer management systems, medical terminology and/or working with health professionals
- Bilingual in both official languages (written and oral)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Exceptional customer-service and interpersonal skills
- Professional, discreet, self-motivated, and collaborative
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- Able to multi-task and set priorities day to day
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Defined Pension plan
- Mentoring opportunities
For confidential consideration, please email your cover letter and resume c/o Human Resources to email@example.com.
The CNPS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.