Full-time, Term position, until January 1, 2025
The Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS) provides legal advice, risk management services, legal assistance and professional liability protection related to nursing practice to over 140,000 eligible Canadian nurses across all Canadian provinces and territories. A non-profit legal support system created by nurses for nurses, the CNPS is specifically tailored to meet the professional liability needs of nurses in all professional nursing roles.
SCOPE OF POSITION
As a Communications Specialist, you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience and training while supporting nurses coast to coast and develop a keener understanding of the CNPS and of the support available to nurses.
As a member of the Communications team, you will promote CNPS’ products and services to existing and prospective beneficiaries through the strategic use of communications, graphics, logos, and other promotional products.
With the CNPS, you will enjoy a dynamic work environment, a collegial atmosphere and a rewarding career that provides opportunities for contributions at the leading edge of developments in the delivery of health care services in Canada.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and internal staff to fully understand communication needs.
- Assesses the effectiveness of communications tools and determines communications techniques to support broader strategic goals, specifically leveraging digital platforms (including past campaign reports and/or materials, external data etc.)
- Based on assessment and broader strategic goals as developed by the Director, Communications, drafts and proposes communications and campaigns, which may include social and online media, print media, direct mail, and other multimedia.
- Oversees the management of the CNPS website and strategizes ways to streamline page structure, layout etc.
- Drafts content and coordinates execution of newsletters and other recurring digital communications.
- Leads the Communications section of the organization’s intranet and assists the Director, Communications in optimizing structure, layout and content to meet staff needs.
- Edits and revises other written communications, including publications, webinar content, and educational content.
- Evaluates success of campaigns when completed.
- In collaboration with the Director, Communications, participates in community engagement activities and actively seeks out opportunities to engage key groups.
- Occasional travel to relevant stakeholder events, including oversight of planning and materials needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Communications, or related field.
- Three to five years of related experience writing and editing projects; portfolio of relevant previous projects highly preferred.
- Fluently Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience within the health-care or non-profit sector considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience with social media platforms and analytics (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
WHY CHOOSE THE CNPS?
- Competitive total compensation package, including salary, vacation allowance, sick leave and defined benefit pension plan
- Rewarding work in a dynamic, hard-working, positive team environment
- Mentoring opportunities
- Social committee events
Please submit your cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
The CNPS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.